My work is uncomplicated. It’s about curiosity, observation and introspection. My vision is that my work honor’s the simple, commonplace and sometimes unnoticed. Overlooked landscapes, unique structures and simple objects are my focus.
Adam Williams is a recent graduate of the Art Institute of Colorado. During his time at the Art Institute Adam fell in love with fine art black and white photography. Learning traditional wet darkroom processes as well as the latest digital dark room techniques. Adam has chosen to merge the two worlds and now works with a hybrid Analog/digital workflow. Capturing all of his images on film and scanning them to complete the work in the digital dark room.
Early in his career Adam has begun to receive recognition for his work. In 2013 he was nominated for the Spider awards, an international black and white photography competition. Adam was also just recently shortlisted for the fotofilmic F/F 14 juried exhibition. A competition that focuses on film photography in Vancouver, Canada.
Years of schooling honed not only Adams technical skills but his vision for his work. Now he draws from a former career in engineering to inform his work. Picking out the unique structures and materials that can be found in the landscape, cities and his studio. Adams goal with his work is to find the simple beauty in the everyday objects and places.
Fine art black and white photographer. Working in contemporary minimalist landscapes. Abstract architecture and still life.
- High Plains Study- Documenting the unique landscape of Colorado’s High Plains
- The Blane Project - Fine art portraiture book to be published. - Regular contributor to Capturing Exposures magazine, including both photographs and articles.
The Art Institute of Colorado. Associate of Applied Degree in Photography. March 28, 2014. Summa Cum Laude.
- Black Box Gallery, Black and White show, Sep, 1 2014.
- F-Stop Magazine issue # 65, June, 2014.
- Black and White magazine, issue #104, portfolio contest Merit award, June 2014.
- Shortlisted for Fotofilmic, F/F’ 14 international juried show. April, 2014.
- Nominated for International Black and White Spider Awards 2013, Professional, nature and abstract category.
- Exposure Exhibition, See Me gallery Space. Long Island City, New York, July 2013
- Capturing Exposures Magazine, issue 1, featured artist.
- Stark Magazine issue no 15. Winner of Artist Choice for this issue.
- The Art Institute of Colorado Denver Co. Juried 9th floor Gallery, January
- March 2013 - The Art Institute of Colorado, Denver Co. Juried 9th floor Gallery, October.
-December 2012. - Stark Magazine issue no. 7 Winner of Artist Choice for this issue.
- Stark Magazine, Featured Artist, September 2012.
- The Vanderbilt Republic, Gowanus loft. Brooklyn New York. The “Art of the Heart” Show. July 2012
- The Kanon Art Gallery, Denver Co. The Metropolis Show. July 2012